5 Great Beginners Blogging Courses- Review of Paid Courses.
There are tonnes of great blogging courses out there for beginners!
Should you even take a course or should you save your money and battle on through?
I have split this post into Two Parts
- Part One- This post goes into FREEBIE courses that will help you on your journey blogging and that should be sufficient to get you started.
- Part Two- This post goes into PAID course that will help you if you want to spend some money- I have personally taken these courses and have discussed what I like and don’t like about them and why I think they would be helpful when you are just starting out.
Ultimately it’s up to you if you can afford to spend the money on PAID courses?
I am not suggesting that you take these courses if you are flat broke!
This is why I have also opted for a FREEBIE list of the top courses I have taken – this is my opinion though!
(If this post contains affiliate links please see our full disclosure policy although I have to say I tried really hard to make it interesting and even I struggled to write it so if you really must read it you can find it here)
Yes, you will see I have taken A LOT of courses!
It’s not to say they have all been worth it – my number ONE takeaway is if you can’t afford it use FREEBIES.
Courses and ebooks enable you to reach your goals quickly as they allow you to find out the details quickly and without a ton of research online.
If you look hard enough all the info is there it just takes a lot of time to filter out the chaff and decide what is actually important to growing your business.
Ok so PAID Courses I have personally taken to include:
- Billionaire Blog Club
- Pinning strategies
- Affiliate Marketing for Pinterest
- Will It Fly
I have taken more courses as well which I go into if you sign up for my Optin freebie!
I TOLD you I have take a FEW!!
BILLIONAIRE BLOG CLUB
I have to say that I wish I had found Paul Scrivens- Billionaire Blog Club course before I invested in anything else.
Luckily I found it before I was going to drop a tonne of cash for the Elite Blog Academy!
He gives you a ton of value for each and every bit of the BBC aka Billionaire blog club.
I stumbled across his site obstacle.co and started to read his blog posts on blogging they were a revelation for me!
The one thing I will say about joining BBC is the access you will have to Scrivs aka (Paul Scrivens) I don’t know how he manages all these blogs and answering emails and questions in the BBC community forum – Slack but he does!
Every single question I have asked has been directly answered by him –
|Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:48 AM|
quick question – I have linked to Sammy ( also a BBC member )
WordPress blog and her link then convert to an image and snippet of
She didn’t realized this happened and is not sure how or if you can
turn this on for your own theme.
I have added a screen capture so you can see what I mean.
This is on my new post link below:
some website have this when you link and some don’t.
Any advice would be most welcome.
|Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 5:04 PM|
If you need help he is there for YOU!
What do you get for the insanely cheap price of $347.00
It was going to be $537.00 but he decided to reduce it by $200.00.
You will need to be quick if you want to buy it then click – ENROL HERE–
I wasn’t on the ball to write this post hence it’s the same week as the enrollment for BBC finishes on the 13th April 2018.
Pauls does indicate that he will open up enrollment again this year so don’t fret if you miss it this time – PLEASE DON’T THOUGH IT IS SOOO WORTH IT!
Here is a taster if you want to get an idea of what is in it.
Curriculum when starting out:
- Niche selection course– are you struggling to find your niche then this is for you Scrivs goes through various issues you may have when deciding on a niche and also whether you need to niche down. It will help you clarify the direction of your blog.
- How to launch your blog– in depth videos to help you set up your blog from google analytics to writing your posts and finding stock images its all there in a series of videos to walk you through days 1 to 21.
- Pinterest ebook and Pinterest course are available separately to buy at $199 – an ebook and video course is 37 videos long, the ebook sets the ground for Pinterest how to use board booster, how to design a pin- how to initially set up your Pinterest account.
- Using Board booster– how to use Board booster from first principles and little hints and tricks you wouldn’t have otherwise thought of as a beginner. Believe me, when I first clapped eyes on Board booster I thought what the heck did I sign up for I have no idea whats going on and that was AFTER I took Momsmakescents course it helped with the Affiliate Marketing side of things but I still didn’t get Board Booster fully.
- How to Create content– includes things like the skyscraper technique – if you don’t know what it is and why you need to create that sort of content he helps you out best of all – he shows you in his videos tonnes of examples. If you need help creating your first posts then these videos in this section will help you.
- Gaining your first 1000 subscribers– one of his challenges on how to create Optins, what tools to use and why and what it takes to gain subscribers – don’t know your Mailerlites from your Convertkits? He explains what they are, how to do research and get a plan off the ground to have your first 1000 subscribers.
- How to reach $1000 in Revenue and beyond- another challenge on reaching your first $1000- all the ins and out of how to achieve this in another series of videos.
- Billionaire blogging SEO– ok I haven’t looked at many of these videos ok – you got me – NONE yet but it is 23 videos in all taking you through SEO!
- Billionaire Affiliate Marketing again this is available to buy separately at $249 – 22 videos taking you through affiliate marketing!
Ok, this is just information on starting out never mind early stages and growth – there are courses and challenges for that as well!
Each section above is broken down into video and text content which he is just adding to update this version of the course now on number 4.
If you buy BBC you get a lifetime membership including the Pinterest and Affiliate marketing course!
Ok, I think I made my point – I am really enjoyed his course and I haven’t finished it yet!
Reasons that I think you shouldn’t take this course are few and far between but include:
- It’s still pricey if you have no money
- It’s hard you have to put the work in! – Even Paul says multiple times this is not EASY this blogging thing you have to WORK at it!
- There are tonnes of videos to work through- ok that’s not necessarily a negative as they are all packed full of value but when you are short on time it’s hard to get to it all! Which is one of the reasons he has added written content in this update.
Still not sure?
Check out these bloggers who are BBC members and what they have achieved!
- Carly from Mommyonpurpose.com – I have also done her Affiliate marketing course see my review below
- Sara from Gatheringdreams.com
- Sasha from Lifescarousel.com
Carly Pinterest Strategies Ebook and Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
I started implementing Carlys strategies for Manually pinning on Pinterest – and in the last two weeks have definitely seen an increase in traffic to my site from Pinterest see below:
The Ebook is 68 pages content – including how to set up your Pinterest account for optimum usage, what is Pinterest and what can it actually see, Pinterest SEO, and of course the Manual pinning strategy.
Carly writes in a straightforward and easy to understand manner.
If you don’t want to spend a heap of cash starting out then this is the ONE thing you should buy –
HERE is her link to the purchase the ebook its value-packed at $32.00
Best of all if you use these methods you don’t need to pay for a Pinterest Scheduler saving even more money!
And who doesn’t want to do that!
For the price, I can’t really see a downside to purchasing this ebook its a full course worth more than $32!
Carly’s course takes you from complete beginners to understanding affiliate marketing!
Her videos are easy to follow and she gives you lots of examples from her own website posts about what worked and what hasn’t.
One of the best bits are definitely the examples to show you where you should place affiliate links to get the best click-throughs.
She also gave you some extra tips to make the best of affiliate marketing.
However I think the course could do with even more examples.
Meera’s BlogStartup ebook and workbook are an excellent start if you are wanting to a blog.
It’s good if you want to really nail down what you are going to do as well helping you to create your blog as YOUR BRAND.
It also touches on the legalities of blogging.
If you are looking for something to start with as an overview and use this workbook this is great value at $24.99.
Only think I would say is that its doesn’t go in deep to each topic but it is just an overview.
To start off this has been a great introduction to Affiliate marketing for Pinterest.
It also goes into the legalities and also how to use Pinterest for Affiliate marketing all for $47.
Mckenzie goes into how to use Pinterest to generate income via affiliate links directly.
Fundamentals of affiliate marketing, hints and tips for affiliate marketing on Pinterest to making pins.
If you are starting out on Pinterest then is well worth it as she covers more than just the Affiliate marketing side of things.
Obviously is more on the Pinterest side of Affiliate Marketing rather than general Affiliate marketing.
WILL IT FLY?
I bought Will It Fly the ebook by Pat Flynn on Amazon you can buy it HERE
if you are interested?
For those of you who don’t know who he is ( can there be many?)
He is THE resource when it comes to affiliate marketing he started off 2008- dare I say it the KING of affiliate marketing with his first website then he started Smart Passive Income
Will it fly course and book helps you to validate your idea before you spend any money and it will really help you to get to the nitty-gritty of what your plan is and see if it is worth pursuing.
This isn’t just for someone wanting to start a blog- I would recommend it to anyone wanting to validate a business idea.
Which is why I have included it here in this review as well.
So if your thinking of paid courses these are some of the ones I have taken.
There are other courses that I have taken and if you want to find out a bit more about
- Twinsmommy course
- House of Brazen ebook
- Start a mom blog courses
- LoveHealthfamily Ninja course then GRAB my FREEBIE for more information on the other courses.
Again I will reiterate if you are FLAT BROKE wait till you have money to spend before you consider buying courses.
They will help you get to your goals quicker but it doesn’t mean you CAN’T STILL get there without them.
Don’t forget to check out my FREEBIES course post for information on free courses I have also taken if you don’t want to spend any money.